Women's Care Clinic Services
WOMEN'S CARE CLINIC was established in response to long waiting lists at similar clinics in Ontario. Since opening in 1996, the clinic has treated many patients and has provided women's reproductive health services.
Our goal is to treat you with compassion and competence, ensuring that the abortion is done under the safest conditions with your health as our priority. This procedure should not interfere with your having children in the future should you decide to do so.
Our all-female Clinic staff can provide you with a full range of safe reproductive services.
Our Medical and Surgical Abortion services are provided in a compassionate, discreet and non-judgmental environment. Abortions are performed from 4 weeks to 20 weeks gestation.
First trimester abortion (4 to 11 weeks gestation) is medically quite simple, carries a low risk for complications and allows you to resume most of your normal schedule within a day.
- Women's Care Clinic provides medical abortions up to 7 weeks gestation for patients who do not want the surgical procedure.
- The less invasive Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA) technique is used for pregnancies from 4 to 7 weeks, if applicable.
Second trimester abortion (12 to 20 weeks gestation) is usually
performed using a procedure called Dilation & Evacuation
(D&E). The D&E procedure is different from a first trimester abortion in
number of ways. It may require a 2 to 3 day process that includes insertion of laminaria which gradually/slowly dilate or open the cervix before the actual abortion.
- Dilation and aspiration technique is used from 4 to 12 weeks (one day procedure).
- D&E technique after insertion of laminaria tents is used for larger pregnancies 12 to 16 weeks (two day procedure).
- D&E technique after insertion of laminaria tents is used for larger pregnancies from 16 to 20 weeks (three day procedure).
After any abortion procedure, patients are advised to return to the Clinic for follow-up care or visit their family doctor.
Additional Services Offered:
- Counseling and check-ups
- Laboratory and blood work
- Ultrasound and IUD insertion/removal
- Gynecological exams and Laminaria insertion
The Women's Care Clinic is open Monday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Appointments can be made by the referring physician's office or by the patients themselves.
Women's Care Clinic also provides pre-abortion counseling and gynecological examinations.
We also provide birth control counseling and IUD insertion.
Your Privacy, Security & Comfort Are Assured
We protect patient privacy while adhering to the guidelines set by the Ontario government.
The Women's Care Clinic is conveniently located in a multi-level medical building. For security reasons you will need to "buzz" in to gain access to our facility.
We can serve you in the following languages: English, Farsi, Chinese, French, Macedonian, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Spanish and Portuguese. For other languages, the patient should bring a translator.
For details on what to expect on the day of your abortion, please see our Frequently Asked Questions page.